WELCOME! You have arrived at my Blog on flipping my classroom and moving toward 21st Century Learning Blog Page

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1 Week to go - Aug 27





Here I am…. getting ready to go back to school. I have made almost the entire Grade 11 course in video’s. Now I am working on making my class site so students can follow along… Some things I am thinking about are:
  • Making a video for parents to watch so that they can understand what it is all about.
  • Forming teams with “roles” in each team for the students to play. ie. group leader to keep the group on task, scribe – someone to take notes.
  • Providing more of a “kit” to go with each video so that the students can organize their notes etc.
  
I have prepared two video’s however, one in conjunction with another teacher, to help the students think “about how to watch video’s”…. One video is called CP POWER and it is all about: putting cell phones away, paying attention, getting organized, watching carefully and wearing ear phones, becoming engaged and finally, re-watching and rewinding if necessary. The other video that I made is called TaSQ (sounds like TASK). I want the students to TaSQ while watching… which means they have to Take notes, Summarize the video and prepare a Question for the next day.

2 comments:

  1. I love TaSQ. I am going to use that acronym!!! I have several similar of my own. SARQs, DaPQs now I have TaSQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do what does SARQs and DAPQ mean?

    ReplyDelete