WELCOME! You have arrived at my Blog on flipping my classroom and moving toward 21st Century Learning Blog Page

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 1

Today was Day 1 of school!!! Our classes were short and sweet (due to some grade 9 orientation activities)! I had a good chance to introduce flipping to my 2nd Period Gr 11 Accounting Class (1st period was full of homeroom admin stuff - blah). 

I mentioned to the period 2 class that they were my guinea pigs and that we would be getting a lot of attention this year because we are "flipping" the whole course.

Not one student in my class had ever heard of "flipping".  So I spent some time talking about it and getting their feedback.  They all thought it was very exciting, I think, because they think it will be "less" work at home (which we all know is not true). Tomorrow, I will model how I want them to "actively" watch the video using the CP POWER Video (that Mrs. Matei and I made at the end of the year last year) as a guideline.  To view video click here.

All of the students seemed excited and therefore, I was excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment